All our learning resources are running on the latest menu navigation.
Last Updated: August 06 2020
You can use Connect to view, create and update jobs, quotes and activities. You can also update schedules, manage purchase orders and tasks , and create invoices in the field.
To log in to Connect to make use of these features, you need to Get licences, Set up technicians to use Connect, and Download Connect. You can then update your settings in simPRO when you set up Connect according to your business needs. Learn more in How to Set Up Connect.
Set up technicians to use Connect
Set up and navigate Connect
To use simPRO Connect, you need to purchase a licence for each individual who uses the app.
To purchase licences for Connect or adjust the quantity of active licences, existing clients can go to System > Subscriptions / Licences in their simPRO system. New clients can contact simPRO through the simPRO website.
Licences are a monthly recurring fee, and you can adjust the number of active licences each month. For example, you may wish to purchase additional licences for temporary staff during a busy period, and deactivate those licences when you no longer need them.
As Connect is a separately licensed add-on product, your simPRO user licence does not give you access to Connect, nor does giving your field employees access to Connect require you to give them access to simPRO.
simPRO Connect is free to download from the App Store and Google Play. Simply access the relevant store online, and search for simPRO Connect. You may need to sign in to the store and accept terms and conditions.
We recommend that you allow automatic updates on your device, if available. This ensures you are always running the most up-to-date version of Connect.
If you experience any difficulty with downloading the app, or if you cannot see the app in the store:
- Check that your device and operating system are compatible for Connect. Learn more in About Connect.
- Update to a more recent version of iOS or Android, unless other app compatibilities prevent you from doing so. Even if your device is not listed as compatible with Connect, the app may work if you are using a supported operating system.
- Contact your device manufacturer or mobile service provider if you have trouble accessing your device store.
If you are using a compatible device and operating system but you are still experiencing difficulty, contact simPRO Support and provide the following information:
- The make and model of your device, for example, iPhone 4s or Samsung Galaxy S3.
- The operating system and version, for example, iOS 7.1 or Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean).
- The issue you are experiencing.
To allow your technicians to use Connect, you need to assign licences to their employee or contractor cards.
To assign a mobility licence to an employee or contractor :
- Go to People > Employees / Contractors and click the employee / contractor .
- Click Profile > Settings.
- Under Account Setup, ensure that a Username and password have been set.
- Under Licences, select Mobility.
- Select the Storage Device the technician uses in the field to store stock.
- You can Adjust general and billing settings for Connect to ensure technicians can only view stock from their assigned storage device.
- Click Save to update your changes.
If the Mobility check box is greyed out, this means all of your available licences are in use. You can remove a mobile licence from another employee / contractor and reassign it to another, or alternatively, you can purchase a new licence.
To remove a licence, clear the Mobility check box in the employee / contractor card file, then click Save.
If you are creating a new employee / contractor , or granting access for the first time, a default username is shown and the password is blank. If the username you enter is already in use, a red cross appears and you are not able to save it. A green tick indicates a unique username.
The username and password you give a user applies to all areas of simPRO that you have given them access to, including as a general User of simPRO, the customer portal, POS , Call Centre , and as a user of the employee / contractor portal .
You can change the username and password at any time.
When you have successfully downloaded the app, obtained and enabled user licences and set a username and password, you can log in to Connect to access the app's functionalities.
To log in to Connect:
- Open the app on your device.
- Enter your simPRO URL. This is the web address you use to access simPRO, for example, yourcompany.simprosuite.com or yourcompany.simprocloud.com.
- Enter your simPRO Username and Password.
- Tap Login.
You are then taken to the Connect dashboard. Learn more in Navigate the dashboard.
You can also access Connect's Set up Connect within the app before logging in by tapping Settings on the login page.
To log out of Connect, tap Log Out on the Connect dashboard, then tap Yes to confirm. Connect remembers your simPRO URL and username on the device for your next login.