Last Updated: December 31 2019
US only: If you use simPRO in the United States, the term 'work order' is used instead of 'job card'.
To log in, you need your login details, including a URL, or web address, username, and password as provided by your simPRO user.
To log in to the contractor portal:
- Enter the URL in your web browser.
- Enter your Username and Password.
- Click Login.
You are then taken to the Pending Jobs page in the portal.
You can access the main menu options across the top of the screen and your company and name appears in the top right corner next to the logout icon.
You can add staff members so that they can be scheduled and receive work orders. Once you have submitted a staff member, a simPRO user needs to set up their username and password before they can log into the portal.
To create a new staff member:
- Go to Staff, then click Create New.
- Enter the Name, Position, and Street Address of the staff member.
- Select the Date of Commencement and Date of Birth if required.
- Enter Primary Contact details.
- Go to Custom to enter additional information about the individual according to custom fields.
- The Custom tab only appears if custom fields have been set up by the simPRO user.
- Go to Licences to enter any relevant licences that the individual holds.
- Enter the Licence Name, Licence Reference, and / or Licence Expiry Date, then click Save. You can then select the Licence Name when editing or creating other staff members.
- When a staff member's Licence Expiry Date is approaching, the simPRO user receives an alert.
- Go to Emergency to enter emergency contact details for the staff member.
- Click Save and Finish.
- Click View Staff.
- Alternatively, click Add New to continue creating staff members.
To schedule staff to jobs:
- Go to Schedule.
- Next to the search bar, select Quote / Job.
- Search and select the quote / job.
- If required, under the Job No. select the applicable cost centre, and select the schedule rate.
- Click the blue arrows to change the month as required, then click the date.
- On the same line as the contractor you wish to schedule, click to add a schedule block to the time.
- Click to drag the schedule block to another time, or hover over the block, then drag the white arrows to extend or shorten it.
Consult the Legend below the schedule to determine job status by colour.
Once a schedule block has been placed, right-click it to view the following options:
Cut this schedule block so that it can be pasted to another staff member. Click and drag on the schedule to paste the block.
Cutting and pasting or moving a schedule block from one staff member to another. Removes the original work order and creates a new work order.
Make a copy of this schedule that can be pasted to another staff member.
Pasting a schedule to another staff member creates a new work order.
Remove this schedule block.
Removing a schedule block also removes the work order.
Remove all blocks for this schedule on the given day.
Removing all schedule blocks also removes the work orders.
View or Print the job card for this schedule.
Once the work for a job has been completed, you can mark the job as complete.
To mark a pending job as complete, go to Jobs > Pending, then click Options > Mark as Complete on the applicable job. The job now appears under Jobs > Complete.
After you have completed the job, you can record the actual work completed in the job card.
To update a job card:
- Locate the job in Jobs > Pending / Complete.
- Click Options > View Job Card on the job.
- Click the Actual tab.
- Enter the Work Completed.
- Select the Date Performed.
- Click Add Block to add schedule blocks if applicable, then select a Start and Finish time and the Schedule Rate.
- Enter Material Notes.
- Under Materials Available, select a Storage Device, then search and select the materials you wish to assign.
- Enter the Quantity, click Assign Materials.
- Click the Attachments tab to upload any relevant attachments.
- Click Save and Finish.
View and approve or reject recipient-created tax invoices, or RCTIs, in the contractor portal as created by the simPRO user.
To approve or reject RCTIs:
- Go to Invoices > RCTIs.
- Review the Amount column for the RCTI.
- Click Options > Approve RCTI Invoice / Reject RCTI Invoice as required.
- If you have rejected the RCTI, enter a Reject Reason, then click Reject.
When the RCTI is approved or rejected, it is removed from the Recipient Created Tax Invoice list.
- Go to Jobs > Pending / Complete / Archive.
- Click Options.
- If there are viewable attachments, hover over Attachments.
- Click the required attachment. The selected attachment opens in a new tab.