- Using notifications , for example, to regularly remind employees and customers of meetings. Learn more in Send automatic SMS notifications .
- Directly from a job, quote, or activity in the Schedule View. Learn more in Send a schedule notification.
- In a custom message. Learn more in Send a custom message.
To send SMS messages, you need to have the correct security group permissions. Learn more in Security Groups.
Before contacting simPRO support with any queries about SMS, consult our list of frequently asked questions in SMS FAQs.
If you currently use Streetdata or Textlocal for SMS, a message with a link to update your plan displays when you send an SMS.
To select an SMS plan:
- Go to System > Licences / Subscriptions .
- If you are changing from a third-party integration, you can also go to Utilities > SMS and click Register.
- Click SMS.
- Click the plan that suits your business.
- If you need more SMS credit, contact simPRO to create a custom plan.
- Click Request SMS Plan.
You receive an email to confirm your new plan with a direct debit request form. Your SMS is then included as part of your regular simPRO billing, and if you were previously using a third-party integration, your billing is updated at the start of the next billing period.
To change your plan, go to Utilities > SMS > Manage Plan and click Change Plan.
When you send an SMS manually, you can select employees, contractors and customer contacts as recipients. When you set up SMS notifications you can also send messages to site contacts.
To set up customer recipients, create customer contacts and enter a Mobile Phone number. Learn more in Add contacts. Then, each contact with a mobile phone number can be selected as a recipient when sending an SMS message from simPRO.
To set up employees and contractors as recipients, open the employee / contractor card file and make sure a Mobile Phone number is entered in Profile > Details. Each employee and contractor with a Mobile Phone number can be selected as a recipient when sending an SMS message from simPRO.
To send notifications to employees and contractors, make sure they have a Mobile Phone number entered in the employee / contractor card file.
To send notifications to site contacts, go to Profile > Contacts in the site card file and create a contact with a Mobile Phone number. Learn more in Add site contacts.
SMS notifications to customers that relate to a lead, quote, or job, send to the Primary Contact selected in the New Lead, Quote Setup, or Job Setup page.
If this field is blank and the customer is an individual, the SMS sends to the Mobile Phone field in Profile > Details in the customer card file. If the customer is a company, the SMS is not received as there is no Mobile Phone field.
If the notification is related to invoices, it sends to the contact in the customer card file that has Invoice / Primary Contact selected under Contact For in the contact card. Learn more in Add contacts.
You can set up an SMS notification to automatically send broadcast SMS, for example, to regularly remind employees and customers of meetings.
To set up an SMS notification:
- Go to System > Setup > System Setup > Notifications.
- Click Create Notification.
- Enter the notification Name.
- Select the condition type.
- Select the recipient.
- If the condition type is Date Driven, select the Frequency, Start Date, End Date and Send Time.
- If another condition type is selected, Select the trigger.
- Under Delivery Method, select one of the following options:
- User Card Defined to use the Preferred Notification Method in the recipients' card files. If card file has SMS or Email and SMS selected and the Mobile Phone field has been populated, the SMS is received. If the Email option or no options have been selected, the recipient is emailed.
- SMS to send an SMS to the applicable mobile phone number in the recipients' card files.
- Email and SMS to send a notification both by email and SMS.
- Enter the notification message.
- Click Save.
Learn more about ensuring recipients receive SMS on the correct mobile number in Set up SMS recipients.
Learn more about setting up notifications in Notifications.
To send an SMS directly from the Schedule View:
- Go to Schedules > Day View / Week View / Project View.
- Right-click the time block.
- Hover over Send and click SMS.
- Enter SMS details as normal.
- The recipient should populate with the scheduled person if they have a mobile number entered in their card file.
- Click Send.
To send a custom message:
- Go to Utilities > SMS.
- Under Recipient List, select:
- Employees / Contractors to select from a list of employees and contractors
- Customers to select from a list of customers
- Other to manually enter recipient phone numbers.
- Under Sender ID, enter text or a phone number that recipients can reply to.
- If you intend to use this phone number to send a lot of messages, click Set Default. Enter the phone number and click Save to make it the default for all SMS messages. You need to have the correct security group permissions to perform this action. Learn more in Security Groups.
Many network providers in New Zealand may not support return messaging. It is recommended to contact your network provider to confirm if recipients can reply to messages received from simPRO.
- If you have selected Other as the recipient, enter the recipient phone number under To.
- Alternatively, click employees / contractors / customers from the list and the mobile numbers listed in their card files automatically populate the field.
- Enter your Message, or select a script. Learn more in Scripts.
- You can view the number of Characters in your message below.
- Click Send SMS.
The Recipient List only displays employees / customers with a mobile phone number entered in their card file.
To view all SMS messages sent from simPRO, go to Utilities > SMS > Log. The log includes a record for all SMS messages sent in simPRO, including notifications and messages sent from the schedule.
You can view the Date, Sender, Receiver, No. SMS, Status and Message for each SMS sent.
To filter the list of messages, enter a Sender and select a Date, then click Search.
To view how much credit you have used, go to Utilities > SMS.
To receive an email notification when you are running low on credit:
- Click Set Notification.
- Enter the email addresses that receive the notification, using commas to separate them.
- Click Save.
When your credit reaches ten percent, or an SMS fails due to lack of credit, a notification is sent to each email address. To discuss options for additional credit, contact simPRO support.
To set up an email notification, you need to have the correct security group permissions. Learn more in Security Groups.
If you have any unused credit from the previous billing period, it rolls over to the next billing period before expiring. Rollover credit from the previous billing period is only used after credit from the current billing period is used. At the end of the current billing period, rollover credit from the previous billing period expires, and only unused credit from the current billing period rolls over.
For example, in Billing Period A you have 600 SMS and use 500.
The remaining 100 rolls over to Billing Period B, for a total of 700. The rollover credit from Billing Period A is only used after the credit from Billing Period B is used.
At the end of Billing Period B, unused rollover credit from Billing Period A expires and does not roll over to Billing Period C.
If you are downgrading from a larger plan to a smaller plan, your credits will reduce to double the amount of the new plan. For example, if your new plan is 250 credits, once you downgrade you will have 500 credits available regardless of what you used on your previous plan.