All our learning resources are running on the latest menu navigation. Toggle on in simPRO to try the new look!
Last Updated: March 23 2020
Ensure to consider whether your catalogue structure is compatible with automatic catalogue syncing before turning it on. Learn more in Suitability of automatic catalogue syncing.
Please note that updating the value of your catalogue items does not impact the value of items that have already been added to stock.
Depending on how you have structured your catalogue determines whether automatic syncing is suitable. The following setup options have specific behaviours with automatic catalogue syncing:
- If your Pricing Tiers use a price other than the default markup, these will be removed from your catalogue when an automatic catalogue sync is processed.
- Manually entered catalogue item Descriptions are replaced with the supplier’s description of the material when the automatic sync is processed.
The import options selected also impact how catalogue items are affected by automatic catalogue syncing. For example, selecting Complete as the import option updates the Minimum Pack Quantity of the catalogue item. Automatic catalogue syncing import options behave the same as manually importing a catalogue file. Learn more in How to Import Specific Catalogues.
The following suppliers are available for automatic catalogue syncing:
- Lawrence & Hanson
- John R Turks
- Lear & Smith
- P&R Electrical
- J. A. Russell
To set up automatic catalogue syncing:
- Go to Utilities > Import.
- Hover over Catalogue and click the required supplier.
- Enter your User ID and Password for your online account with this supplier, so simPRO can access your account. Some suppliers may required you to enter your account number as well.
- Click Validate.
- Adjust import settings as required.
- Click Activate Automated Imports.
To manually import a catalogue, go to the File Import tab.
CNW, Samios, Sherriff and Corys sync every hour. Lawrence & Hanson, MMEM, Cetnaj, P&R and J. A. Russell sync every seven days.
Note that if the automatic import fails for any reason, you must download the import file from the import log and import it manually.
Each time you receive an automatic import, the Automated Import Log is updated. Imported files remain in the log for up to 60 days.
If you want the system to stop automatic catalogue syncing, go to Utilities > Import > Catalogue and click the required supplier.
To deactivate automatic syncing:
- Click Deactivate.
- Enter your account details.
- Click Deactivate.