If you have an online account with one of your suppliers, set up automatic syncing to receive updated supplier catalogues directly in simPRO instead of manually importing them.
Ensure to consider whether your catalogue structure is compatible with automatic catalogue syncing before turning it on. Learn more in Suitability of automatic catalogue syncing.
Please not that updating the value of your catalogue items does not impact the value of items that have already been added to stock.
Depending on how you have structured your catalogue determines whether automatic syncing is compatible. The following setup options are not suited to integrate with automatic catalogue syncing:
- If your Pricing Tiers using a price other than the default markup. These will be removed from your catalogue when an automatic catalogue sync is processed.
- Minimum Pack Quantity and Supplier Quantity. These are not updated with automatic syncing.
- Unique catalogue item Descriptions. Manually entered descriptions are replaced with the supplier’s description of the material when the automatic sync is processed.
The following suppliers are available for automatic catalogue syncing:
- Lawrence & Hanson
- John R Turks
- Lear & Smith
- J. A. Russell
To set up automatic catalogue syncing:
- Go to Utilities > Import.
- Hover over Catalogue and click the required supplier.
- Enter your User ID and Password for your online account with this supplier, so simPRO can access your account. Some suppliers may required you to enter your account number as well.
- Click Validate.
- Adjust import settings as required.
- Click Activate Automated Imports.
To manually import a catalogue, go to the File Import tab.
CNW, Samios, Sherriff and Corys sync every hour. Lawrence & Hanson, MMEM, Cetnaj and J. A. Russell sync every seven days.
Note that if the automatic import fails for any reason, you must download the import file from the import log and import it manually.
Each time you receive an automatic import, the Automated Import Log is updated. Imported files remain in the log for up to 60 days.
If you want the system to stop automatic catalogue syncing, go to Utilities > Import > Catalogue and click the required supplier.
To deactivate automatic syncing:
- Click Deactivate.
- Enter your account details.
- Click Deactivate.