All our learning resources are running on the latest menu navigation.
Last Updated: July 27 2020
Using the Assets feature in simPRO Mobile, technicians can test assets and record the test results while completing a job in the Service module. Technicians can scan asset barcodes and QR codes in simPRO Mobile saving the search time when testing assets. Technicians can view test history for each asset, including the test results, readings, failure points, recommendations, and notes, and also reuse these details for the current asset when testing for the same service level.
You can view and access assets on a job in the Service module only if the relevant security permissions are active on your employee card.
Basic requirements to access the Assets feature in simPRO Mobile:
- simPRO URL and login credentials
- Valid mobility licence. Learn more in Adjust employee settings.
- In simPRO, go to People > Employee / Contractor, open the relevant card and select Service Module and Assets check boxes in Profile > Settings > Mobility.
- Latest version of simPRO Mobile app.
Learn more in simPRO Mobile.
Technicians can complete asset testing in the field once:
- The job is created either manually or with Maintenance Planner, and the relevant assets are added to the job.
- The technician is scheduled, or the job has reached its due date and the relevant employee is made the assigned Technician.
If you have an Asset enabled for a user in their employee card, the section displaying PASSED, FAILED and UNTESTED assets only appears if assets are added to the job.
When you open a job in the Service module, the total number of assets in the cost centre are displayed along with a breakdown of the total number of Untested, Passed and Failed assets.
If the job has multiple cost centres, tap Job Overview to display the number of asset across all cost centres.
To begin working on an asset maintenance job in simPRO Mobile, follow the initial instructions in How to Complete a Scheduled Job until you tap START WORK, complete pre-audits, view notes, manage attachments, and understand the scope of works.
The ASSETS option on the Job page is active after you tap START WORK and complete the mandatory PRE-AUDITS.
Tap ASSETS to view the assets added to the cost centre. The Assets page displays a list of assets with different navigation and filter options. You can start testing individual assets, choose to pass all untested assets and also create new assets.
Following navigation options are available on the Assets page:
- Use the search bar to manually enter asset ids / custom fields to locate an asset from the list.
- Use the icon to search for an asset using the barcode / QR scanner.
- You must have a barcode / QR code saved against the relevant asset in simPRO. Learn more in How to Use Barcodes in simPRO.
- You can search for any asset added to the site, job or cost centre using the search bar or scanner.
- If you search for an asset that is on the site but is not added to the job, tap ADD and start testing it, if required.
- Choose to List All assets, or only the Untested, Passed, or Failed assets, as required.
- Tap the icon and toggle on to List by asset type or walk order and use the drop-down to filter the list based on the available asset types.
Tap the icon to expand an asset and view details including the custom fields and service levels .
To update an asset's details:
- Tap OPEN in the expanded details view.
- View the Asset details and tap the edit icon.
- Update the asset details, as required.
- Tap the icon to scan and record a new barcode for the asset.
- Tap SAVE to update the asset.
Learn more about recording test results and creating new assets in How to Test Assets.