All our learning resources are running on the latest menu navigation.
Last Updated: August 04 2020
In simPRO, you can have up to five projects, such as quotes, jobs, and purchase orders open at the same time. To switch between open projects, you can use the projects menu bar at the bottom of the screen.
In this article, the term 'projects' refers to:
- LeadsA potential customer not yet associated with a quote, job, or invoice.
- Purchase orders
- Purchase order receipts
- Recurring jobsA job template for multiple use, where you can set the frequency of the job to receive an alert when the job is next due to be created.
- Recurring invoicesA regular financial record independent of existing jobs in your system. This is typically used for regular billable services provided for the customer, such as security monitoring or planned maintenance.
- Take-off templatesA combination of materials and labour commonly used together. Although similar to pre-builds, take off templates can include catalogue items, pre-builds, service fees, labour rates, one off items and other take off templates. The individual components are displayed separate items on the job or quote.
- Stock takesUS: Inventory count. A routine count of your stock (US: inventory) currently in storage.
- Stock adjustmentsUS: Inventory count. A correction made to your stock levels to rectify errors and improve stock value reporting.
It is important to save frequently when editing a project, as after 20 minutes of inactivity, your open projects are editable by other users. If another user attempts to access one of your open projects after this time, you are pushed out of that project and all unsaved changes are lost. You also lose your changes after this time limit if you do not save your projects before turning off your computer or closing your laptop.
US only: If you use simPRO in the United States, the terms 'inventory' and 'inventory count' are used instead of 'stock', 'stock take', and 'in stock'.
When you open or create a project, the Open Work tab appears at the top of your screen, listing your recently opened quotes, jobs or leads. If you continue to open additional work, they also appear on this tab.
The project you are currently viewing is displayed on a white background while other tabs have a grey background.
If you try to log out while you have an unsaved project open in the Open Work tab, you receive a warning so that you have a chance to save your changes before logging out.
If you have five Open Work tabs open and attempt to open a sixth, an alert appears prompting you to close at least one project to proceed. Select the required check boxes, then click one of the following options:
Save & Close
Save and close the selected projects.
Close Without Saving
Close the selected projects without saving.
Cancel without closing any projects. The new project is not opened.
Connect updates for open projects
If a project is open in simPRO, any Connect updates do not display for that project until after it is closed in simPRO.
Import a supplier invoice to a purchase order
To import a supplier invoice to a purchase order, the purchase order must first be closed.
US only: If you use simPRO in the United States, the term 'vendor' is used instead of 'supplier'.