Last Updated: December 10 2019
How to Use Walk Me Through in simPRO
- Follow step-by-step guidance to learn best-practice workflows and create or update your data
- Complete onboarding tasks to get your system off to the best start
- Watch quick educational videos to refresh your memory
- Access the Help Guide for more detail.
To open the Walk Me Through menu and access step-by-step guidance, educational videos, and links to the Help Guide, hover over Help and click Walk Me Through.
The Walk Me Through menu will then appear, where you can access the following resources within their categories, for example, People, Materials, Workflows etc:
- Walkthroughs that are marked by a icon
- Videos that are marked by a icon
- Help Guide links that are marked by a icon.
You can also search walkthroughs, videos, and links, as well as general simPRO Help Guide content through Google. Learn more in Access Help Guide articles.
Follow interactive, step-by-step guidance in simPRO to learn how to navigate simPRO, set up your system, create data such as card files, quotes, and jobs, and more.
Each step balloon in a walkthrough offers direction, as well as extra tips for using a feature in simPRO.
To follow a walkthrough:
- Open the Walk Me Through menu.
- Click the category the walkthrough belongs to.
- Alternatively, enter keywords in the Type in your question... search bar to locate the walkthrough.
- Walkthroughs are marked with a icon to the left. Click the walkthrough to begin.
- Follow the directions in the walkthrough balloons to proceed.
- This can include hovering over and clicking elements on the screen, entering information, or simply clicking Next in the walkthrough balloon.
If you are following a walkthrough to practice using and navigating simPRO, and you do not wish to create or change data, you can simply:
- Delete any data you have created
- Undo any changes you have made
- If applicable, click Cancel to prevent saving new data, such as card files or catalogue items.
If you have already clicked Save in a card file while following a walkthrough and you do not wish to keep that data, you will need to delete it instead of just clicking Cancel.
If you are a new simPRO Service user, you can use the Walk Me Through Tasks menu to complete onboarding walkthroughs to set up your simPRO system, including setting up your company details, setting up tax codes, and more. Learn more in How to Set Up Company Information and How to Use Tax Codes.
To complete onboarding tasks in simPRO Service, Open the Walk Me Through menu, click the Tasks tab, then click the onboarding walkthrough you wish to complete.
Onboarding walkthroughs that have already been completed will be greyed out and struck through.
Watch educational videos within simPRO by accessing them in the Walk Me Through menu.
This is useful for learning about a particular process without affecting any data in your system.
To watch educational videos within simPRO:
- Open the Walk Me Through menu.
- Click the category the video belongs to.
- Alternatively, enter keywords in the Type in your question... search bar to locate the video.
- Videos are marked with a icon to the left. Click the video to play it.
To view a library of all simPRO educational videos, go to:
You can access Help Guide articles directly from simPRO using the Walk Me Through menu in the following ways:
|Predefined link||Click options marked with a icon to access popular Help Guide articles that have been set up as predefined links in the Walk Me Through menu, such as the simPRO Release Notes.|
|Search the Help Guide using Google||
Search general Help Guide content directly from the Walk Me Through menu using keywords.
Using a Google search plugin, the Walk Me Through menu will then display your search results (marked with the Google 'g'), which you can click to directly access in the Help Guide.
These links will always be below any walkthroughs, videos, and predefined links that also fit the search keywords.