Last Updated: January 08 2020
BI Reporting pulls data from a saved copy of your database, ensuring that the processing of information is efficient even when retrieving thousands of records. Depending on when the BI Reporting is being used, information presented in the reports can be up to 24 hours old.
You must be logged in to simPRO to display data from BI Reporting.
Also, since BI Reporting extracts information from a saved database and simPRO's pre-generated reports extract information from live data, data records may vary when you cross reference similar reports.
If you have a multi-company simPRO build, BI Reporting extracts data from all companies associated with the build.
In a multi-company build, users with permission to access BI Reporting can access data for all companies, regardless of other security group permissions.
To use BI Reporting, enable it in your security groups:
- Go to System > Setup > Security Groups.
- Click the relevant security group.
- Click the Reports tab.
- Select the BI Reporting check box.
- Click Save and Finish.
To access the BI Reporting user interface, go to Reports > BI Reporting.
As the BI Reporting opens in a new tab, you need to allow pop-ups from simPRO in your browser.
All questions and dashboards created in BI Reporting are stored either in Our Data, a common collection accessible to all users logged in to the same simPRO build or in My personal collection, accessible only to the logged-in user.
- Click Browse all items and select the required collection to view a list of the available Dashboards and Questions on separate tabs.
- Create New collection to group similar questions and dashboards for easy reference. You can create multiple collections within Our Data or My personal collection based on your requirements.
To understand the basic navigation, refer to the following menu items in the BI Reporting interface:
DASHBOARDS and QUESTIONS tabs
Learn more about dashboards in How to Manage BI Reporting Dashboards.
The filters you apply in the custom reports that you create with BI Reporting are referred to as Questions. Click Questions to view the entire set of questions created by different users.