Last Updated: April 28 2021
What is simPRO Data Feed?
This is useful if you:
- Always receive specific emails or documents in the same format, such as contractor work orders or supplier invoices not available to import in simPRO
- Enable customers to create leads, quotes, jobs, or more using online forms on your company website
- Want to automate workflows without integrating your simPRO build with other systems.
When the lead, quote, job, supplier invoice, or task has been created in simPRO and populated with the extracted data, you can then continue the workflow as normal.
In order to view content or perform actions referred to in this article you need to have the appropriate permissions enabled in your security group. Go to System > Setup > Security Groups and access your security group to update your permissions. The relevant security group tab and specific permissions for this article can be found here:
How does it work?
simPRO Data Feed extracts data from emails forwarded from your external mail client, including any attached PDFs, CSVs, Excel spreadsheets, and text files.
Feeds are set up by simPRO to define how this data is extracted, including what data is extracted from which emails and attached documents, and which workflows are generated in simPRO based on that data. simPRO Data Feed can generate the following workflows:
- A new lead
- A new quote
- A new job
- A new supplier invoice and / or receipted purchase order
- A new task
Data extracted from an email / document, such as the customer, the job description, the materials receipted, and more, then populates that workflow. To supplement the data already extracted, feeds can also use and update data in your simPRO build, such as:
- The cost centre to be used
- The status to apply
- Whether to create new data from an email / document in simPRO, for example, catalogue items, customers, etc.
simPRO can set up feeds to execute automatically, execute after your confirmation, or remain inactive. If the feed cannot locate and extract the required data, you need to intervene and enter the required information.
Once the feed has finished executing, the applicable workflow generates in your simPRO build, and you can continue updating it as normal.
To express interest in using simPRO Data Feed, contact your local simPRO admin team:
- simPRO Australia: email@example.com
- simPRO New Zealand: firstname.lastname@example.org
- simPRO United Kingdom: email@example.com
- simPRO United States: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn what you need to provide simPRO to set up your feeds so they can successfully extract data from emails and documents, see Set Up simPRO Data Feed.
To learn more about how to use the simPRO Data Feed system after it has been set up, see How to Use simPRO Data Feed.
Interested in this add-on? Contact us here.