All our learning resources are running on the latest menu navigation.
Last Updated: July 31 2020
If a user is unable to log in, go to Settings > Manage Users and click Send Reset Link next to the user's name. They receive an email allowing them to reset their password.
Learn more about users in How to Manage Users.
If there is a line through a site name in the results list, this means the specific address cannot be located on the map. This may be because the wrong address has been entered into simPRO and then imported into simTRAC.
Hover over the site name to locate any close matches. You can select another address to pin the job in the correct place.
To edit the site address, go to Settings > Manage Geofences and Sites and click the edit icon.
An orange exclamation icon will appear next to a vehicle when simTRAC is not receiving a sufficient GPS signal from the vehicle's tracker.
This can occur when:
- The vehicle is parked in a garage or underground car park. If the vehicle has GSM coverage it will still give the ignition status for when the vehicle was turned on and off.
- The GPS antenna has been installed in an incorrect place.
- The tracker has been tampered with.
You will still receive updates from a tracker while the GPS location is invalid. Hover over the orange exclamation icon to view the number of updates.
The icon will disappear when the tracker's GPS signal improves.
If a vehicle does not display in the vehicle list beside the map, the vehicle may belong to a group that you do not belong to.
To edit the vehicles and users in groups, go to Settings > Groups. Learn more in How to Manage Groups.
If a marker on the map appears in the ocean near Africa, the tracker has automatically defaulted to zero longitude and zero latitude, because:
- The tracker is not installed
- The tracker does not have a proper GPS lock.
To hide a vehicle on the map defaulting to this location, remove the vehicle from the default group. Learn more in How to Manage Groups.
This means the tracker is not receiving a GPS signal because the vehicle is either underground or under cover.
If this is not the case, contact simPRO support to perform a tracker reset.
Possible causes include:
- The vehicle is not currently in an area where it can receive GPS signal or mobile coverage.
- The vehicle has been jump started, or had its battery replaced.
If you have physical access to the unit, check that:
- the cable harness is connected securely to the tracking unit
- the GPS and GSM antennae are connected firmly
- the power light is green when ignition is turned on
- the GPS light is red when ignition is turned on
- the GSM light flashes twice every second when the ignition is turned on
- the red power cable is connected to a permanent and stable source, such as the vehicle battery or fuse box. Do not connect this cable to the radio power source or ignition.
- the yellow cable is connected to the ignition
- the black cable is connected to the ground.
If the tracker is still not responding, contact simPRO support to perform a tracker reset.
First, make sure messaging is enabled in simTRAC. Learn more in How to Send Messages.
To perform a factory reset, turn the device off and on again, and press and hold the bottom right corner of the screen while restarting.
Alternatively, manually delete all messages sent and received by the device.