Last Updated: June 01 2023
Inactive Catalogue Items Report
Generate the Inactive Catalogue Items Report to view catalogue items that are inactive for the number of months specified in the report filter.
A catalogue item becomes inactive if it:
- Has not been assigned to a job from stock
- Has not been added to a job from the catalogue as a billable item that has been invoiced
- Has not been added to a purchase order
- Has not been stock taken in or out.
In order to view content or perform actions referred to in this article you need to have the appropriate permissions enabled in your security group. Go to System > Setup > Security Groups and access your security group to update your permissions. The relevant security group tab and specific permissions for this article can be found here:
To view the Inactive Catalogue Items Report:
- Go to Reports > View Reports > Stock > Inactive Catalogue Items.
- Enter the Number of Months Inactive.
- Select to filter the inactive items according to Catalogue Groups.
- Alternatively, click Select All.
- Click Search.
You can then view all relevant inactive catalogue items, as well as their Group, Subgroup, and if they were marked as Favourite in their item card file.
Learn more in How to Use the Catalogue.
US only: If you use Simpro Premium in the United States, the terms 'inventory' and 'inventory count' are used instead of 'stock', 'stock take', and 'in stock'.
The following columns are displayed in the report:
|Part No.||The part number of the catalogue item.|
|Name||The name of the catalogue item.|
|Group||The group where the catalogue item is located.|
|Sub Group 1||The first subgroup where the item is located. If there is no subgroup, this is blank.|
|Sub Group 2||The second subgroup where the item is located. If there is no subgroup, this is blank.|
|Sub Group 3||The third subgroup where the item is located. If there is no subgroup, this is blank.|
|Favourite||If the item is selected as a favourite, this column has a star.|
You can download the information in the report as a spreadsheet in CSV format, viewable in Microsoft Excel and other spreadsheet software.
To download the report:
- Generate the report as required.
- Click the icon in the top right, then click CSV.
- View, print or save the CSV, as required.