Learn about the latest improvements to the Help Guide in our Release Notes.
Last Updated: September 01 2020
You can create different categories and assign them to tasks to easily group, filter, and bulk-manage tasks. Learn more in How to Use Tasks.
In order to view content or perform actions referred to in this article you need to have the appropriate permissions enabled in your security group. Go to System > Setup > Security Groups and access your security group to update your permissions. The relevant security group tab and specific permissions for this article can be found here:
Deleting a task category removes it from all tasks it is assigned to. You can delete multiple task categories at the same time.
To delete task categories:
- Go to System > Setup > System Setup > Tasks > Task Categories.
- Select a single task category and click the icon.
- To delete multiple task categories:
- Select the check boxes for the categories to be deleted, or click Select All.
- Click Delete.
- Click OK to confirm.
To assign a category from within the task:
- Open the task, or create a new one.
- Go to Details > Internals.
- Select a category from the Category drop-down list.
- Click Save and Finish.
To assign a category to one or more tasks:
- Go to Tasks > View, or if you are viewing a quote or job go to Details > Tasks.
- Click Advanced to filter tasks, if required.
- Select the tasks using the check boxes.
- At the bottom of the page, under With selected, select a category from the Category drop-down list.
- Click Update.
You can sort tasks by category to narrow down the tasks displayed in Tasks > View.
For example, filter tasks to view the status of tasks in a certain category and bulk-manage the tasks.
To use categories to filter tasks:
- Go to Tasks > View.
- Next to the Search bar, click Advanced.
- Under Filter By, select a category from the Category drop-down list.
The list of tasks updates to only show tasks only from the selected category.