Last Updated: March 24 2023
Stock Required Report
Find out which stock items are required to be assigned to jobs, and understand what stock is required for your quotes. This helps you keep your inventory up to date, as you are aware of the stock required in the near future. You can also create purchase orders from this report.
Jobs that have been archived are no longer included in this report.
US only: If you use simPRO in the United States, the terms 'inventory' and 'inventory count' are used instead of 'stock', 'stock take', and 'in stock'.
In order to view content or perform actions referred to in this article you need to have the appropriate permissions enabled in your security group. Go to System > Setup > Security Groups and access your security group to update your permissions. The relevant security group tab and specific permissions for this article can be found here:
To view the report:
- Go to Reports > View Reports.
- Go to Stock and click Stock Required.
- Filter the report by selecting from the drop-down lists.
- Select a specific Customer, Type, Site, or Job Number, Stock Item Name, Manufacturer or Part Number, or Suppliers, if required.
- Under Group Results By, select whether to group results by Job Number, Part Number or to have No Grouping.
- Click Search.
To order items from the report:
- Select the relevant items or Select All.
- Click Create Purchase Order.
- Click Finish to complete the purchase order.
- Click Forms and send the purchase order to the supplier, if required.
- Click Finish.
Purchase orders cannot be created for quotes. If the Select All option is selected, all items required on quotes are ignored.
Learn more in How to Create a New Catalogue Order.
You can download the information in the report as a spreadsheet in CSV format, viewable in Microsoft Excel and other spreadsheet software.
To download the report:
- Generate the report as required.
- Click the icon in the top right, then click CSV.
- View, print or save the CSV, as required.