Last Updated: January 07 2020
How to Complete a Scheduled Quote
Use the Service module in field to access current project information and manage quote / job work in real time. Field technicians can easily present and bill quotes, enter clock in and clock off times, parts used, view / upload linked documents, and email job cards when the job is complete.
The Service module currently only supports service quotes.
You can view the assigned and scheduled project quotes on the Service Schedule. However, only the service quotes are accessible for further processing.
To proceed with managing service quotes, you should be assigned mobility licence for the Service module in your employee card.
To access the scheduled and assigned quotes in the Service Schedule, tap the relevant quote. The corresponding service quote details, such as the quote number, customer name, site address and scheduled time are displayed. Tap CONTACTS to view the customer's contact details.
Present multiple options to your customers with different prices and select the option that the customer chooses to proceed to the billing process. Alternatively, tap Bill all Options to access the Billing page directly if the customer is ready to proceed with all options you have built.
The presentation page showcases all the involved pricing elements with eligible discounts for memberships highlighting savings to your customers. For your customers to have a comprehensive view of the quotes and jobs and other up-selling options, the presentation layout differs depending on whether you are using a phone or tablet. The presentation view on a tablet takes advantage of the larger screen size and provides a clearer view of the pricing breakdown.
Follow the instructions below to build an option to present to a customer:
- Access the required Quote or Job from Drafts or the Sales Schedule or access quotes from the Service Schedule.
- Note that all cost centres on a quote or job are accessible in the module and are not limited to the one that the technician has been scheduled to.
- Under In this quote section, tap the Option name to edit an existing option. Alternatively, tap the + ADD icon to create a new Option.
- Tap to select a cost centre from the list.
- Enter a new Option heading or edit the heading for an existing option, if required.
The new Option heading renames the corresponding cost centre in simPRO when the quote / job is sent to simPRO.
- Click Insert Script to enter a relevant quote or job script as Description or manually enter a new description.
- Tap Price Book to select pre-builds, catalogue items, labour, one off items and service fees required to build the option.
If any service fees, catalogue items or pre-builds are not available, log off and log back in to sync your materials with simPRO Mobile.
- Tap Pre-Builds and select the applicable group and sub-group.
- Tap the check box to select the required item and tap ADD.
- Go back to select and add the required Catalogue items from the Price Book.
- Tap View Details under the pre-build or catalogue item name to see the default image uploaded in simPRO, adjust required quantities and apply Add On pricing.
Learn more in How to Create a Pre-Build and How to Create a Catalogue Item.
- For Pre-builds, you can access URLs that link to supporting materials, and a breakdown of components.
- If catalogue items or standard price pre-builds include estimated time, the selected labour rate is populated with relevant number of hours if Auto-calculate is enabled. Note that Auto-calculate is always enabled by default.
- Adding more labour rates, divides the estimated time equally between the selected labour rates.
Follow the instructions below to present options to a customer:
- When your Options are ready, tap Present Options.
- The module displays the options below your company logo, including the total price in green, what the customer is saving, and what the customer could save if the membership with the maximum discount is applied.
- If the highest level of membership has already been applied, no alternative pricing is shown. This indicates to the customer that they are already receiving the best possible pricing option.
- An asterisk besides a membership name indicates that the particular membership offers customer the maximum savings.
- When a quote or job is sent to simPRO with a newly purchased membership, this default membership cost centre is added in simPRO.
Selected options are saved against the current quote / job as a primary cost centres. The unselected options are retained as optional cost centres for quotes, however for a job, these are discarded.
The Billing page is a final summary of the selected option.
- Tap Show details to access individual pre-build and catalogue items and their corresponding details from this page.
- Tap Tax at the bottom to edit the applicable tax, if required.
- For quotes, you can choose to add a customer’s signature or email the quote to the customer and any other recipients.
- Tap Done to upload the project to simPRO.
- For quotes, you have the options to Go to Sales Schedule, Email Quote, Convert to a Job, or Open Connect to access and complete the work. Alternatively, for jobs you are prompted to open Connect or return to the Sales Schedule page.