Learn about the latest improvements to the Help Guide in our Release Notes.
Last Updated: September 28 2020
Pre-builds combine materials and labour as a single billable item to appear on jobs, quotes and invoices. You can manually create pre-builds in simPRO, or alternatively, you can save time and reduce data entry errors by importing a pre-build list.
In order to view content or perform actions referred to in this article you need to have the appropriate permissions enabled in your security group. Go to System > Setup > Security Groups and access your security group to update your permissions. The relevant security group tab and specific permissions for this article can be found here:
To prepare to import pre-builds into simPRO:
- Download, add data to, and edit the Pre-Build Import Template for:
- Alternatively, you can create your own import list and leave out any fields that do not apply.
- Separate your data using the same or similar headings as the Pre-Build Import Template.
- Leave out any fields that do not apply to your pre-builds.
- Ensure information is accurate, up-to-date and spelled correctly.
- Remove any special characters (such as ? # $ % @ !) as these may not import correctly.
- Save your file in your system as a compatible file type: CSV, TXT or ZIP. Consult your spreadsheet software documentation for file saving instructions if required.
simPRO can recognise and import all the headings and information listed in the Pre-Build Import Template. If you entered data in the Pre-build Price column, the pre-build are added as a flat rate pre-build.
Columns for Group, Part No. and Pre-build Name are required for importing, and the Group and Pre-build Name columns must always contain data. Data does not have to be entered in the Part No. column for the initial import, but must be entered when exporting and re-importing, as simPRO matches by part number and create new pre-builds if a part number has not been entered.
To import a pre-build list:
- Go to Utilities > Import > Pre-Builds.
- Click Choose File / Browse.
- Locate your pre-build import file and click Open.
- Click Next.
- Use the drop-down lists to match your import file columns with the fields available in simPRO.
- To leave a field out of the import, select Ignore.
- Click Save and Finish.
You are taken to the Pre-Build Import Summary Page. It is recommended to review your imported pre-builds to check for errors by going to Materials > Pre-Builds.
If your pre-build import file does not contain the correct data or columns, your pre-builds do not import and you receive the Errors found in Import File error message.
To amend this error, you need to edit the relevant data or columns as appropriate and import the pre-build list again as normal.
If you receive the Errors found during processing of Pre-builds message, the pre-builds have uploaded into simPRO, but you may need to access the relevant pre-build and / or part and make changes as necessary.
Need additional help?
Try Walk Me Through, our step-by-step guidance tool, to import pre-builds.
In simPRO, go to Help > Walk Me Through and search Import Pre-Builds (ID: 97359).