Last Updated: January 11 2021
How to Schedule an Activity
Use the Service module in field to access current project information and manage quote / job work and schedule activities in real time. Learn more in How to Use Activities.
Note that if timesheets are locked for the dates you select, you are prevented from creating a new schedule or edit any existing schedules for those dates and in this case a warning message is displayed.
Before performing the steps detailed below, ensure that this part of your build is set up correctly. The relevant steps to set up the features and workflows detailed on this article can be found here:
To schedule an activity, for the current day:
- Tap > +ACTIVITY to schedule a new activity for the current day or any other day as defined at the top of the Service Schedule.
- All the activities set up in simPRO are available under Choose an Activity. Search for the relevant activity from the list. Alternatively, if the activity is already scheduled on the selected day, the corresponding Scheduled time block is displayed on the Activity Times page. Under Activity Times, you can create time blocks and submit to simPRO.
- Tap START RECORDING to record actual time for the activity time block.
- The start time is rounded based on increments configured in System > Setup > Defaults > Schedule > Schedule Format and the Time Block Threshold set in System > Setup > Mobile > Timesheet Module.
- To manually adjust the START time, tap in the field and select the required time. If you use START / STOP to record time, this recorded time is displayed for future reference and remains unchanged even if you manually adjust the start and end times.
- Tap STOP to populate the END time.
- The recorded time rounds to the nearest 15 or 30 minutes based on the default Schedule Format and Time Block Threshold.
- To manually adjust the STOP time, tap in the field and select the required stop time or tap END. You are limited to select 15 or 30 minutes increments based on the Schedule Format settings.
- To remove the current recorded time block, tap DISCARD.
- Next, tap Record time as and select the required scheduled rate to apply the recorded time against it.
- Tap NOTE, to record work notes in the activity time line.
- Tap DONE to create the activity time block.
- ADD ANOTHER TIME BLOCK, if required or click SUBMIT to send the time blocks to simPRO.
- If you are scheduling a new time block for an activity, you are directed back to Choose an Activity to schedule additional activities, as required. Tap back to return to the Schedule.
Alternatively, if you are re-scheduling times for an existing scheduled activity, or adding new time blocks for a scheduled activity you are directed to the Schedule.
If you are scheduling an activity for a future day, on the Schedule select the relevant date. And, tap > +ACTIVITY. Next, tap ENTER TIMES and define a time block. Tap + ADD DUPLICATE TECHNICIAN/PLANT to select one or more resources, including employees, contractors and plant items enabled for scheduling. This duplicates the time block and adds it to the schedules of the selected resources in addition to your own.