All our learning resources are running on the latest menu navigation.
Last Updated: August 06 2020
Create sites manually, or integrate with simPRO to link your simPRO sites with your simTRAC sites so that they update automatically. Learn more in How to Integrate simTRAC and simPRO.
Once you have created sites, you can set up alerts to receive an email or onscreen alert when a vehicle enters or leaves a site boundary. You can also search and report on sites more easily by grouping them according to types.
To create a new site:
- Go to Map > GeoFences and click New Site.
- Enter the address of the site you wish to add in the search bar.
- Select the address.
- Name the site.
- Select the site Type from the drop-down list.
- Select the Radius of the site from the drop-down list to determine the size of the site.
- Set a speed limit to create an overspeed alert for this site.
- Click Create.
The site then appears on the map.
To edit site details:
- Go to Map > GeoFences > Manage. Alternatively, go to Settings > Manage Geofences and Sites.
- And, click the Sites tab.
- To update a site, click the corresponding edit icon.
- Make changes, as required.
- Click Update.
To move a site or change the size without editing other details, click the site on the map and click Edit.
To move a site, click and drag the white circle in the centre. To change the size, click and drag the white dots on the site boundary.
Click Save to finish your changes, or click Cancel to return to the initial location or size. To undo an individual change, click the undo icon.
To delete a site:
- Go to Map > GeoFences > Manage > Sites.
- Alternatively, go to Settings > Manage Geofences and Sites.
- Click the delete icon on the site you wish to delete.
To receive immediate updates on vehicles entering or exiting a particular site, you can add an alert trigger to it. Learn more in How to Set Up Alerts.
If you manage many different sites, you can search and report on these sites according to their type, for example, customer sites, employee homes and work sites.
To create a site type:
- Go to Settings > Manage Sites & Geofences.
- Click Manage Site Types.
- Click Add Site Type.
- Name the new site type.
- Click Create.
To edit a site type, click the edit icon. Make changes as required, then click Update.
To remove a site type, click the delete icon.