To use response times, they must first be assigned to a customer, then selected when creating a job. If required, you can also provide response time reports to your customers.
When a job has a response time selected, there are two ways that the response time needs to be met:
- The earliest schedule created for the job is within the response time
- If you use Connect and the scheduled technician has tapped Start Work in Connect within the response time, and then synced.
If neither of these conditions are achieved, then the response time is not met. This includes when the schedule has been created for the correct time, but the technician has tapped Start Work too late.
- A customer calls for an urgent job at 9:00am
- The response time is two hours.
If the earliest schedule starts before 11:00am and the technician taps Start Work before 11:00am and then syncs, the response time has been met. However, if the technician does not arrive at the site and tap Start Work until 11:30, the response time has not been met, regardless of the scheduled time in simPRO.
You can use the Response Times to view what response times have been met.
To assign a response time to a customer:
- Go to People > Customers.
- Click the customer you wish to assign to.
- Under the Profile tab, click Response Times.
- Select a response time from the drop-down list, then click Add.
- If this is the response time that is most often used for this customer, click the tick to make this the default response time. This response time is automatically added to all jobs created for this customer.
- To remove the default, select the Remove Default? check box and click Save.
- Click Save and Finish.
Use the icon to remove a response time from a customer.
Once you have assigned a response time to a customer, you can customise it for that customer as needed.
When you create a job for a customer who has response times, select the response time you want to use for this job.
To select a response time in a job:
- Create a job or edit an existing job.
- After you have selected a customer in the Main tab, select a Response Time from the drop-down list.
- Adjust the rest of the job as needed, then click Finish, or Next to continue adding job details.