All our learning resources are running on the latest menu navigation.
Last Updated: August 04 2020
Create suppliersUS: Vendor. A business that you order materials from using purchase orders. in simPRO to import catalogues and create and send catalogue purchase ordersUS: Catalog Purchase Order. A formal request to a supplier to provide an item or service. A purchase order can be created across multiple cost centres..
You can add multiple suppliers at once by importing a CSV, TXT, or ZIP file list. See How to Import Suppliers to learn how.
After you've created your suppliers, manage them from the supplier table. Learn more in How to Manage Suppliers.
US only: If you use simPRO in the United States, the term 'vendor' is used instead of 'supplier'.
To create a supplier:
- Hover over People , then click Create New Supplier.
- Alternatively, go to People > Suppliers > Create Supplier.
- Enter the Supplier Name.
- Enter the ABN / GST # / VAT Reg. No. / EIN as applicable.
- If you do not know this information, click the icon to search for an existing ABN / GST # / VAT Reg. No. / EIN that matches the details you have already entered. Please ensure that you check with the supplier that this number is correct.
- UK only: Enter the Company No. as applicable.
- If you do not know this information, click the icon to search for an existing number that matches the details you have already entered. Please ensure that you check with the supplier that this number is correct.
- Enter contact details as required.
- Enter Street Address details for the supplier's business address.
- If you are sending correspondence to a different address, enter a Postal / Billing Address. Otherwise, select Same as Street.
- AU: Enter the Suburb and select the State to automatically generate the Postcode.
- UK: Enter the Postcode, then click outside the text box to generate a selection of addresses.
- Click Save and Finish.
Create supplier branches to manage the different localities you purchase from for the one supplier. You can then purchase items from branches that are close to a specific job site, as well as email purchase orders directly to a specific branch from the Forms tab.
To create a supplier branch:
- Access the supplier, then go to Profile > Branches.
- Click Create New Branch.
- Enter the branch Name.
- Enter contact details as required.
- Enter Street Address details for the specific branch.
- Click Save.
- Click Save and Finish to update your changes. Click Save and Finish.
You can include the branch address on purchase order forms in System > Setup > Forms Setup > Purchase Order.
You can create additional contacts for a supplier if, for example, you need to contact their accounting or IT departments. Learn more in How to Create Contacts.
If you have created custom fields for suppliers, use the Custom sub-tab to store additional supplier information. Learn more in How to Use Custom Fields.
You can then search custom information in local and global searches.
Go to Profile > Settings > Supplier Profile to adjust supplier settings in simPRO, including entering an Account, as well as selecting a Currency , Purchase Tax Code and Preferred Notification Method.
Once you have selected the supplier's currency, you cannot change it if you have:
- raised a purchase order for the supplier
- raised a supplier quote for the supplier
- selected the supplier in a catalogue item.
Under Banking, enter the supplier Account No. and select Payment Terms to assist in accurately transferring supplier invoices to your accounting package.
Go to the Notes tab to enter and format private notes about the supplier for internal reference.
Need additional help?
Try Walk Me Through, our step-by-step guidance tool, to create suppliers.
In simPRO, go to Help > Walk Me Through and search Suppliers (ID: 84883) or Vendor (ID: 463406).