Last Updated: March 24 2023
How to Void an Invoice
You can void the full amount of an invoice if, for example, the invoice has been raised incorrectly.
You can also use credit notes to partially or fully credit an invoice, for example, to give a customer a discount. Learn more in How to Raise a Customer Credit Note.
In order to view content or perform actions referred to in this article you need to have the appropriate permissions enabled in your security group. Go to System > Setup > Security Groups and access your security group to update your permissions. The relevant security group tab and specific permissions for this article can be found here:
Create Invoices and Credit Notes
Before performing the steps detailed below, ensure that this part of your build is set up correctly. The relevant steps to set up the features and workflows detailed in this article can be found here:
How to Set up Chart of Accounts
To void an invoice:
- Go to Invoices > Unpaid / Paid Invoices.
- Locate the invoice, then click Options > Create Credit Note.
- To void a paid invoice, click the invoice, and click Payments > Add Credit Note.
- Select whether you want the Invoice Values to include or exclude tax.
- Select Void Invoice as the Credit Note Type.
- Enter the Date Issued and Order No. as applicable.
- The Cost Centre Account defaults to the Original Invoice. You can select a different Cost Centre Account, if required.
- Enter a Void Invoice Comment, if required.
- Review the Void Amount and Retention if applicable.
- Click Finish.
US only: If you use simPRO in the United States, the term 'retainage' is used instead of 'retention'.
Need additional help?
Try Walk Me Through, our step-by-step guidance tool, to void an invoice.
In simPRO, go to Help > Walk Me Through and search Void an Invoice (ID: 100255).
Learn more in How to Use Walk Me Through in simPRO.
For additional training, complete an interactive material in the simPRO's Learning Toolbox. Learn more in simPRO's Learning Toolbox.