All our learning resources are running on the latest menu navigation.
Last Updated: August 04 2020
simPRO Mobile FAQs
Before contacting simPRO support with a question, please read our frequently asked questions below.
simPRO Mobile is a replacement mobile application for Connect that is being released in modules.
The following functionality is not yet available in simPRO Mobile:
- Catalogue Purchase Ordering to Jobs
- Catalogue Purchase Ordering to Stock
- Supplier Invoicing
Following features are exclusive to simPRO Mobile:
- Add pre-builds, one-off items and service fees to jobs and quotes
- Sell memberships
- View catalogue and pre-build images
- Apply add-on pricing
- Access all cost centres on a scheduled or assigned or quote job
- Display quotes in an aesthetic presentation format
- Display potential discounts
- Work offline
- Clock On and Clock Off
- Divide time easily between cost centres on a single job
- Schedule activities
- Access site attachments
- View work notes for jobs previously completed on a site
- View notes for customer and site
- Select separate schedule rates for travel
- Pause work
- In built barcode / QR scanner for assets
- Reuse asset test history
- Access to any asset on the site or job, in addition to those in the scheduled cost centre.
You can log in to simPRO Mobile with your simPRO login credentials only if you are assigned a mobility licence.
The simPRO URL is the text following "https://" and preceding .simpro from your simPRO web page URL. For example, the simPRO URL is tradeservices for https://tradeservices.simprosuite.com.
Tap the blue text following the simPRO URL field to ensure the correct domain is selected. For example: simprocloud.com or simprosuite.com.
Logging in to simPRO Mobile for first time after installation, downloads the entire set of data from simPRO which may take some time. This is required for the app to operate completely offline. After this initial login, you can refresh the app periodically to quickly load updates from simPRO.
- To speed up the loading process, limit the number of Pre-build or Catalogue groups selected in System > Setup > Mobile > simPRO Mobile.
- Additionally, to limit your data usage and optimise simPRO Mobile loading time, toggle off Download Price Book images and Supporting Materials in simPRO Mobile > Settings.
- The loading time for simPRO Mobile depends on internet connection and your device specifications. Currently simPRO Mobile is available for Android (version 6 and above) and iOS (version 11 and above). simPRO Mobile and the Quote and Sales module is tested on recent Android devices such as the Samsung Galaxy s7, s8, s9, as well as Google Pixel 1 and 2. Older devices may perform slowly and become unresponsive.
If you log out of simPRO Mobile, drafts that are not submitted to simPRO are discarded. To avoid losing your data, ensure that you submit all quotes and jobs to simPRO before logging out.
As long as you remain logged in, up to 50 drafts are retained. Tap the delete icon to remove a draft from your list.
This error appears if you have no cost centres set up in simPRO. Go to System > Setup > Accounts > Cost Centres to create a new cost centre and perform a pull down refresh to resolve the error.
Alternatively, verify and update your version of simPRO mobile.
If you select service fees and no items are available or certain catalogue items or pre-builds are unavailable, log off and log back in to sync your materials with simPRO Mobile.
simPRO Mobile keeps you logged in unless you tap Logout in the menu, uninstall the app, or clear cache for the simPRO Mobile using your device settings. To save initial loading time, log out of simPRO Mobile only when it is absolutely necessary.
Quotes or jobs that contain the following elements are not displayed in the module when scheduled or assigned:
- Customer discounts and fees
- Pre-paid jobs
- Project quotes / jobs
- Invoiced jobs (partially or fully)
- Archived quotes / jobs.
simPRO Mobile operates predominately offline and works independently to simPRO most of the time. If an item is deleted in simPRO, simPRO Mobile registers this only when sending the project containing that item, back to simPRO.
In this scenario, the user should perform a complete refresh (log out and back in) to update the status of the deleted / archived item, or consult with their simPRO expert to re-activate the archived item.
Only supporting materials added as URLs are accessible in the Quote and Sales module at the current stage.
In the Quote and Sales module, options primarily represent different proposals that you present to the customer. When a technician sends a quote / job to simPRO, the options that are not chosen by a customer on the Presentation page (which means the circle at the top right of an option not selected) are not retained as primary cost centres.
- For quotes: The unselected Options become optional cost centres which you can add at a later stage, if required.
- For jobs: The unselected Options are discarded.
This is to ensure that these options are not considered in calculations for the quote / job, and made chargeable to the customers.
If you update the simPRO Mobile app while you are logged in to it and the Timesheet module check box is enabled in your Employee / Contractor card, you must perform a pull-down refresh. You can then swipe the screen to the right or tap the menu icon at the top-left corner to access the Timesheet module.
You must tap START WORK before you can update the job card in service.
You will not be able to Review and Finish a job in the Service module unless you have completed any mandatory pre-audits and post audits.
Yes. When you perform an action, such as starting work that triggers your location to be recorded a Geostamp is created even if you are offline. Once you come back online, the location where you performed the action is submitted to simPRO.