Last Updated: September 29 2022
If you deal with STCs Small-scale Technology Certificates, an Australian Government rebate used in conjunction with the renewable energy sector. under the Australian Government's Small-scale Renewable Energy Scheme, or VEECs Victorian Energy Efficiency Certificates, a Victorian state government scheme for the renewable energy sector., you can set these up in simPRO. You can then see all the STCs you have collected in the STCs Report - AU Only.
In order to view content or perform actions referred to in this article you need to have the appropriate permissions enabled in your security group. Go to System > Setup > Security Groups and access your security group to update your permissions. The relevant security group tab and specific permissions for this article can be found here:
To view the STCs tab in pre-builds, you need to enable STCs.
To enable STCs:
- Go to System > Setup > Defaults > Extensions > System Extensions.
- Under STCs, select On.
- Select the Enable VEECS check box if you are using VEECs.
- Click the Financial sub-tab.
- Enter STCs Value, VEECs Value, STCs Account and VEECs Account details as applicable.
- Click Save.
The STC values can be overridden on a quote level by going to the Optional tab and changing the STC value.
To assign STC zones to sites:
- Open the site card file.
- Select the STC Zone.
- Click Save.
You can create and associate pre-builds with any STCs or VEECs you have set up in simPRO. You can then add these pre-builds to an installation job and see how many STC / VEEC credits are applied to that installation, as well as the energy credit value (EC value).
To set up STCs, you need to allocate a number of STCs to each zone on the relevant pre-build. When the pre-build is applied to a job, the job site is associated with one of those zones. The number of STCs allocated to the relevant zone is then multiplied by the STCs Value set up in your financial defaults and subtracted from the cost centre summary price. Learn more in How to Set Up Financial Defaults.
Learn more in What are Renewable Energy Pre-Builds.
To use STCs or VEECs in a quote or job:
- Create the quote / job as normal.
- In the Quote / Job Setup page, click the Optional tab.
- Under STC Eligibility, select:
- This quote / job is eligible for STCs to use STCs.
- This quote / job is eligible for VEECs to use VEECs
- Enter the STC Value or VEEC Value.
- Enter other quote / job details as necessary, then click Next.
- Go to Parts & Labour > Pre-Builds.
- Locate and add the pre-build.
- In Details > Summary, the total STCs or VEECs value display under the quote / job total.
- You can also view the Total after STCs, Total after VEECs, or, if both STCs and VEECs have been used, Total after ECs, or energy credits.
If the site doesn't recognise the zone, you can manually add it by opening the site card and selecting the zone under STC Zone.
To ensure that STCs and VEECs display on invoices:
- Go to System > Setup > Forms Setup > Invoice > Display Options.
- Under Show STCs / VEECs, select On.
- Invoice a job as normal. Under STCs Received? select Yes.
Then when you click Save and Finish, then click the Forms tab and view an invoice form, the invoice totals display the STCs / VEECs value, as well as the Total after STCS, Total after VEECs, or Total after ECs, or energy credits, if both STCs and VEECs have been used.
simPRO calculates STCs / VEECs prior to GST being applied on an invoice.
Learn more in Email an invoice.