Timesheets display how many hours of each schedule rate each employee has worked for a selected period. Use timesheets to reconcile your schedule-based timesheets into an output appropriate for payroll purposes.
To use timesheets effectively, you can:
- Set up your schedule rates to match your payroll. Learn more in Schedule Rates.
- Schedule employees for all paid hours to leads , quotes, jobs, or activities, and change the default schedule rate if required. Learn more in Schedules.
- Report activity hours separately using specific schedule rates.
To generate a timesheet:
- Go to Schedules > Timesheets.
- Select a Date Range.
- Under Display Format, select:
- Visual to display all relevant schedules in Week View format for each employee.
- Summary to display the number of hours for each schedule rate for each employee, as well as the labour cost for each employee. This can be downloaded as a CSV file.
- Select the Schedule Type.
- Select to show Leads , Quotes, Jobs and / or Activities as required.
- If you have selected:
- Visual: select Employees and Contractors from the drop-down list to view their relevant schedules.
- Summary : select whether you wish to include only Contractors, only Employees or All.
- Click Submit.
The timesheet displays below. To print the timesheet, click Print.
If you use MYOB as an accounting package, you can download timesheets from simPRO to import into MYOB after you have set up your employees and schedule rates correctly.
To export a timesheet to MYOB:
- Generate a timesheet as normal.
- Select Summary as the Display Format.
- Click Submit.
- Click the icon on the far right above the table.
- Click MYOB Payroll.
This gives you a CSV file that can be imported into MYOB.
You can report hours separately for specific activities using schedule rates.
For example, if you have created an activity named 'Annual Leave' and you want your timesheet to report the hours for this activity separately:
- Create a schedule rate also named 'Annual Leave'.
- Access the 'Annual Leave' activity. Learn more in Edit an activity.
- Under Schedule Rate, select the newly-created 'Annual Leave' schedule rate.
- Click Save.
Activities such as travel, workshop time, and toolbox meetings are typically standard working hour activities, so they would typically be linked to the schedule rate for normal time.
Learn more in Activities.