Last Updated: December 04 2023
Technicians can access, update and complete tasks that they have been assigned to, associated with quotes and jobs in the Service module. Tasks in Simpro Mobile make it easier for project managers to break down quotes and jobs into smaller tasks and for the field technicians to complete the assigned tasks and record their progress when working on site.
To use tasks in Simpro Mobile, an employee with a Simpro Premium user licence must create and assign tasks to technicians in Simpro Premium. Learn more in How to Use Tasks.
Before performing the steps detailed below, ensure that this part of your build is set up correctly. The relevant steps to set up the features and workflows detailed in this article can be found here:
You can create tasks in Simpro Mobile from within a job or quote in the Service module.
To start creating a task in the Service module, access the required quote / job using one of the following methods:
- Tap on a scheduled or assigned quote / job.
- Tap the icon > Find a Quote / Job. Search for and select the required quote / job.
Learn more in Manage schedule.
- Create a new quote or job. Select a customer, site, cost centre and enter other quote / job details.
Learn more in How to Create a Quote or How to Create a Job.
When you access the required quote / job:
- Tap + NEW TASK.
- Enter the details, such as Task Title, Estimated Start and Due date, and Status.
- Assign a technician to the task.
- Edit customer / job / quote details, as required.
- Select a Cost Centre.
- Tap Create.
Access the Service module and open the scheduled and assigned quote / job from the Schedule. Alternatively, search and select the quote / job using FIND A JOB.
To view and manage tasks in a scheduled or assigned quote / job:
- Tap START WORK to start recording a new time block for the actual work time.
- Go to the Cost Centre Tasks section and tap the Refresh icon to download updates to tasks or download any new tasks.
- Changes to tasks and newly created tasks update when you tap START WORK.
- Tap the icon to expand the list of cost centre tasks.
- Tap View All Project Tasks to view any tasks created outside the cost centre that is currently accessed.
- Expand to view all the Job tasks. Alternatively, expand each cost centre to view tasks created within those cost centres.
- Tap to open the required task. The task name and priority are displayed in the heading, followed by the Set task as completed toggle. You can either mark the task as completed, use the % completed slider or manually select a Status to update the task status.
- Toggle on Set task as completed to update the % completed to 100% and the Status to Closed.
- This also updates the Completed date on the task in Simpro Premium to the current date.
Technicians can still complete / close a dependent task even if the Prerequisite tasks must be closed before dependent tasks can be closed setting is enabled in System Defaults.
Learn more in How to Complete a Scheduled Job.