When transferring data between simPRO and MYOB, remember that:
- All names used in MYOB are case-sensitive when linking to simPRO, which means that all names in simPRO and MYOB must match exactly before transferring any data to prevent duplication.
- You cannot post transactions from simPRO to header type accounts, which are bolded in your accounts list in MYOB.
- You cannot post to an account marked as inactive in MYOB.
- You need to enter the account number, not the account name, when setting up simPRO and the accounts it links to in MYOB. You can access account numbers in your chart of accounts in MYOB.
Integration with simPRO is only supported for MYOB AccountRight Live. MYOB Essentials is not supported.
To enable the MYOB AccountRight Live accounting link:
- Go to System > Setup > Accounts Integration.
- If you cannot view the Accounts Integration tab, you may need to check your security group permissions. Learn more in Security Groups.
- Click the MYOB AccountRight logo.
- Adjust settings and export options as required.
- Click Save.
To access the accounting link, click Dashboard in the top left corner, then go to Utilities > MYOB AccountRight.
You need to adjust the following settings to enable the MYOB AccountRight accounting link in simPRO:
|MYOB Contacts Address 1||Select whether to Use simPRO Street Address or Use simPRO Postal Address as the corresponding field.|
|MYOB Contacts Address 2||Select whether to Use simPRO Street Address or Use simPRO Postal Address as the corresponding field.|
|Job Number Column||
Select whether to use the Job No. or Cost Centre Name as the corresponding field.
If you have Financial Business Group Tracking turned on, select Business Group Name to use the business group name as the corresponding field. If you have Financial Category Tracking turned on, select Accounting Category Name to use the accounting category name as the corresponding field.
You can transfer the following types of transactions to MYOB AccountRight:
- Supplier invoices
To enable a transaction type to be transferred, select On. To prevent it from being transferred, select Off.
To learn more about the types of information exported for each transaction so you can prepare them accurately in simPRO, as well as the privileges you need in MYOB to be able to access the exported data, see:
All customer and supplier cards must have a tax code and a freight tax code set up under theirSelling / Buying Detailstab. These are set up in MYOB underSetup > Preferences > Sales / Purchases > Terms.
If you have category tracking turned on in simPRO and in the accounting integration setup, this creates a category in the category list in MYOB. If the category name already exists in MYOB and matches the simPRO category reference, this uses the existing category rather than creating a new one. The category name is case sensitive.