Last Updated: January 07 2020
How to Apply Payments
The invoices and payments feature in simPRO Mobile enables technicians to add and edit billable items, create an invoice, email it to customers / site contacts, and receive a payment in the field.
Once technicians complete their jobs in the Service Module, they can continue to invoice and apply payments in the same workflow. This ensures a streamlined process, reducing the additional time required for processing payments later in simPRO.
When you create an invoice in simPRO Mobile, you can apply payments to the job.
Toggle on Continue to payments on the invoice page. If you choose to toggle on Email Invoice, a copy of the invoice is sent to the customer after the payment is processed. All customer invoice contacts are auto-populated as email recipients. You can also select any additional customer / site contacts or manually enter their email addresses. Tap Continue to begin processing payments for the invoice.
To record payments:
- Choose a Payment Method from the drop-down list to proceed.
- If Square Payments is integrated with your simPRO build, and the Square Point of Sales app is installed to your device, you can process card payments through the Square-simPRO Mobile integration. Select the Square payment method from the drop-down list. Learn more in How to Set Up Square Payments and How to Use Square Payments.
- Depending on the payment method selected, any corresponding Finance charge and Payment total values are populated.
- Adjust the payment amount as percentage or enter a value in dollars, to make a partial payment.
- Enter reference Notes which appear in simPRO on the corresponding payment.
- Tap RECORD PAYMENT.
- Note that the physical payments for the amount recorded have to be received externally. For example, payments by cash, direct deposits, or external EFTPOS reader.
- If you select a Square payment method to process a card payment using your square reader, tap PROCESS PAYMENT to launch the Square Point of Sales app. Then, select the payment type in Square and tap or insert a card using the Square reader.
- Select an option for the Square payment receipt to continue in simPRO Mobile.
- The payment success or failure message is displayed on invoice page. If the payment fails, you can process the payment again.
- Tap DONE to finish recording the payments and send the paid invoice to the customer.