Last Updated: September 29 2022
Before you start adding sections and cost centres, you can add a description and notes, adjust project settings, and upload any relevant attachments.
You can also use memberships to automatically apply a discount to all jobs created against a customer within a specified duration, boosting customer loyalty and revenue. Learn more in About Memberships.
To learn how to create service or 'do and charge' jobs, see How to Create a Service Job.
In order to view content or perform actions referred to in this article you need to have the appropriate permissions enabled in your security group. Go to System > Setup > Security Groups and access your security group to update your permissions. The relevant security group tab and specific permissions for this article can be found here:
To learn how to create a quote, see How to Create a New Project Quote.
After the quote has been approved by the customer, you can start work on the job.
To convert an existing project quote to a job:
- Go to Quotes > Approved Quotes.
- Click Options > Convert To > Job for the quote you want to convert.
- Click OK to confirm.
The quote moves to Closed Quotes, and the new job appears in the Jobs table according to your status codes.
To create a project job without using a quote:
- Hover over Jobs and click Create New Project Job.
- Search for and select the customer.
- Alternatively, click Create New and enter the details to add a new customer.
- If the customer has an active membership, it appears in the header. Learn more in How to Use Memberships in Workflows.
- Selecting an existing customer may display a warning message if the customer has invoices that are outstanding. The message indicates if the invoice is more than 30 or 90 days overdue. Click View Statement in the warning message box to open the customer statement and email it, if required. Learn more in View and email the customer statement.
- Search for and select the site.
- Select any customer contacts.
- Click All to select contacts from all customers, sites and suppliers. Note that if you use a contact from a different customer, site or supplier, it is not linked to the site or customer used on the job.
- The Site Contact is automatically filled in based on the site. Clear the site contact to select an alternative site contact if required.
- Enter an Order Number and Job Name, if required.
- Select a Salesperson / Project Manager to assign that employee to the project.
- You need to mark employees as Salesperson / Project Manager in their card files to select them.
- If the customer has a response time assigned to their customer card, the Response Time field replaces the Due Date field when creating the quote. To set a due date, click Next and go to the Quote Settings tab.
- If the employee creating the job is marked as a Salesperson / Project Manager they are automatically selected as the Salesperson / Project Manager. If not, the customer’s selected account manager is assigned as the Salesperson / Project Manager provided they are marked appropriately in their employee card files.
- Under Tags, select any project tags to categorise the project for reporting. Learn more in How to Use Tags.
- To adjust the default rates on the project, go to the Optional tab.
- By default, the Leave as default rate check box is selected. Clear the check box to manually adjust the rates.
- If required, go to the Custom tab and complete any custom fields.
- Click Next.
You can then start building the structure of your project job with sections and cost centres. Learn more in How to Structure Your Project.
Learn more about how to add notes / logs, adjust project job settings, create tasks within project and send project forms in How to Manage a Project Job.